ASU Wired NAC - How do I Enable 802.1X Authentication with the Wired Autoconfig Service in Windows 10?
Use the following instructions to enable Wired AutoConfig on your Windows 10 PC. Once the instructions in this KB Article have been completed use this OTHER WINDOWS 10 SALESFORCE ARTICLE to complete the configuration.
1. From Cortana or Settings, search using the term "services" in the search box.
2. Once in the Services window, locate the service named Wired AutoConfig. The services are listed in alphabetical order. See the image below.
3. Right click on this service and click on Properties.
4. Set the Startup Type to Automatic using the dropdown.
5. Click Apply.
6. Click Start.
7. Click OK.
8. Reboot your PC so the changes will take effect.
9. When you plug your PC into an ASU wired Ethernet connection configured for 802.1X for the first time, you will be prompted to enter your ASURITE credentials.