The Blackboard App, formally known as Blackboard Mobile Learn is a smartphone and mobile device app for access to Blackboard (Bb) classes.
NOTE: Blackboard Mobile Learn was disabled in August 2017 by Blackboard Inc. The Blackboard app is the new mobile solution for students that will be utilized in place of Mobile Learn.
The Blackboard app allows you to:
- View course updates.
- View course materials in .doc, .xls, .ppt and .pdf formats.
- Available for Apple, Android and Windows mobile systems.
The following features are supported in the Blackboard app:
Download and Install the App
- Blogs & Journals
- Mobile Tests
- Download the App by clicking on the hyperlink based on the type of mobile device you use. The app is available for Apple, Android and Windows mobile systems.
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- ASU has purchased an institutional license. When prompted, search for ASU.
- Most users select ASU - Arizona State University.
Taking a Test
You can take any test that uses mobile-compatible questions:
- Calculated numeric.
- Fill-in blanks
- Hot spot.
- Multiple choices.
- Short answer.
Tests that use the following question types or settings are not mobile-compatible:
- Force completion.
- One-at-a-time question display.
- Prohibits backtracking.
- Question sets.
- Random blocks.
- Randomized questions.
- Set timer.
Need additional help? Access 24/7 live chat or create a case from your My ASU Service Center, or call 855-278-5080.