To delete or forget a wireless connection in Windows 7, please follow the steps below:
This KB Article details two methods to delete or forget wireless profiles/connection in Windows 7.
- Method 1 is for users who prefer to use Windows Control panel to delete/forget any ASU specific wireless connections.
- Method 2 involves using a command prompt. Users that are comfortable using the command prompt can use this method to delete/forget all ASU wireless connections with one command.
Method 1 using Windows Control Panel:
There are two ways to access the wireless settings.
1. Select Start, and then select Control Panel.
a. In Control Panel, select Adjust your computer’s settings.
Note: If View by is set to Category, select Network and Internet Network, and then select Sharing Center.
b. In Control Panel, select Adjust your computer’s settings.
Note: If View by is set to either Large icons / Small icons, select Network and Sharing Center.
2. To start Network and Sharing Center from the Windows taskbar notification area:
a. Right-click the Network icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
b. Open Network and Sharing Center.
3. In the Tasks pane, click Manage wireless networks.
a. Right click the connection to be deleted and then click Remove network.
b. Click OK when the Warning box pops up.
The wireless profile you selected has now been deleted.
Method 2 using Command Prompt:
You can delete/forget all ASU specific wireless connections configured on your PC using a Windows command prompt. Using the following command will delete all ASU specific wireless connections at one time: NETSH WLAN delete profile asu*
Bring up a command prompt window then you can copy/paste this command into your command prompt window. To bring up a command prompt window in Windows 7, go to Start and select All apps, then select Windows System, select Command Prompt.
NOTE: Be sure to include the * (asterisk) at the end of the command.
Related Article: How Do I Setup ASU Wireless on Windows 7?
Need additional help? Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from your My ASU Service Center or call 855-278-5080.