Request to transfer your F-1 SEVIS
record by submitting the SEVIS Transfer Out Request eForm
to the International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC).
When submitting your request, you will need the following to complete the eForm:
- admission letter from your new school
- new school's transfer-in form, if applicable
- information about your new school and their Designated School Official (DSO), including:
- DSO name (usually you can obtain the name of the DSO from the Admission Office you have been working with)
- School name and campus or location
- SEVIS school code
If your SEVIS record is in active status, ISSC will send a completed SEVIS transfer-out form to your new school and release your SEVIS record on the specified SEVIS release date. You will need to contact the new school after the SEVIS release date for your new I-20.Additional Information
- Requests of this nature can take up to 10 business days to fulfill. Please plan accordingly.
- If you have been attending ASU as a sponsored student from Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates you may be required to show your sponsor has approved your transfer. We recommend all sponsored students contact their sponsor prior to starting the transfer-out process.
- To transfer credit hours earned at ASU, please work with your new school and ASU University Registrar Services.