You may choose to spend one semester in an ASU sponsored study abroad program only
after completion of your first year in the Obama Scholars Program
. Study abroad is an option for your second, third and fourth years. This will count as one semester toward the eight-semester maximum.
Once you are confirmed in a study abroad program, changes to your financial aid may occur. Below are key points on how your financial aid can be adjusted.
- Your cost of attendance will be updated to an off-campus budget, if necessary, and any additional study abroad program costs will be added.
- Obama funds will not be increased.
- Federal, state and institutional grants will not be increased.
- New American University scholarships will not be increased.
- Student Direct Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) may be increased if you have not already borrowed your maximum annual eligibility.
- Your parent can apply for the Parent PLUS Loan or apply for an increase to the Parent PLUS Loan.
- You may apply for a Private Education Student Loan. Visit Private Student Loans for instructions on how to apply and information regarding disbursement.
Please review the Study Abroad Policies
for additional information.Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.