To configure your Android Device for use with Eduroam, please follow the steps below:
Before setting up an Eduroam profile be sure to delete any existing Eduroam connections that were used previously. Generally, to view configured Wireless connections go to Settings>Wi-Fi.
If there is an existing Eduroam connection then tap on Saved Networks.
Now tap on the Eduroam
connection and tap the Forget
option. This deletes the connection.
The following instructions can vary depending on the smartphone being used and the specific version of Android that is installed.
- Go to your network settings by Tapping on Settings>Wi-Fi.
- Select the + or add network option. Some versions of Android have this located at the top right of the Wi-Fi settings by tapping on the 3 dots then tap on add networks.
- Specify Network ssid of : eduroam
- Specify Security as 802.1x EAP, or WPA2 Enterprise
- On next screen, under EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Skip CA certificate(this will be loaded from the ASU eduroam radius server first time you connect).
- Identity: your ASURITE@asu.edu
- Anonymous Identity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: your ASURITE Password.
- Tap Save.
Now when you select eduroam from the list of available SSID (wireless network names) choices on the ASU campus, you should be able to connect and authenticate.
This eduroam profile will work at any eduroam member institution, since the authentication is peered back to the ASU eduroam radius servers to validate you have an active ASU eduroam profile.Related Articles:
Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from your My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.