Pell Grant recipients are eligible to purchase textbooks at Sun Devil Campus Stores and have the book charges billed to the student account, up to $650. To be eligible students must submit all outstanding documents showing on their My ASU Finances tab. Students can begin to use the benefit approximately six weeks prior to the start of the session. The last day to take advantage of the online benefit is 6 pm 15 days before the beginning of each session. Students may use the benefit in person at a Sun Devil Campus Store up until the 12th day before the beginning of the session.
There are two ways to take advantage of this benefit -- either by purchasing books at the Sun Devil Campus Store on your campus or on the ASU Bookstore website.
To purchase your books at one of the Sun Devil Campus Stores on campus, please follow these steps:
- Take your schedule of classes with you to a Sun Devil Campus Store.
- Find the books for your classes.
- Take your books to the cashier.
- Present your ASU ID and indicate you have a Pell Grant.
- Ask them to apply your book charges to your ASU account.
To purchase your books via the ASU Bookstore website, please follow these steps:
- Make sure you are signed into My ASU, then visit the ASU Bookstore and find your course materials. When you’re ready to check out, you will be taken to a Payment Methods box. Check the box next to Pell/Scholarship/Third Party Payer..
- After you click the box next to Pell/Scholarship/Third Party Payer, click Find Accounts. Your account balance will appear.
- Click Pay with this.
- Click Place order to complete your transaction.
You may only purchase textbooks, educational supplies and technology equipment with your Pell Grant benefit.
Once your financial aid is applied to your ASU charges, any remaining funds will be disbursed to you. View our calendar for disbursement dates of financial aid refunds. Enroll in direct deposit to have your remaining funds deposited into your bank account. Should your financial aid not cover all of your charges, you will be responsible for the remaining balance. View details on receiving your funds and paying ASU charges.
This payment option is available during specific times at the start of each semester. See the financial aid calendar for details.
If you were not awarded a Pell Grant, the bookstore will accept the following payment methods both online or in the store:
- American Express
- Gift Card
- Sun Dollars
Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.