Your online billing statement will be available on My ASU
under the Finances
tab about a month before each semester begins. Please visit the Online Billing website
for more information.
If you have accepted your financial aid and
have completed all financial aid Priority Actions and Hold items on My ASU Financing Tasks
, your financial aid will automatically be applied to your ASU charges first (i.e., tuition/fees, housing, meal plan, etc.) no earlier than eight days
before the semester begins.
- If your charges are greater than your financial aid, you will owe the remaining balance to ASU by the applicable due date.
- If your charges are less than your financial aid, you can expect a refund no earlier than three days before your classes begin.
A refund of leftover financial aid is sent to you either by a check in the mail or by direct deposit (if enrolled). You can confirm direct deposit enrollment on My ASU
under the Finances
tab. On the right side of the screen under the Financing Task
box, select the Direct Deposit
link. If you did not enroll in direct deposit, please verify and/or update your mailing address on My ASU
under the Profile
If you are a Federal Pell Grant recipient
who has all outstanding documents submitted, you are eligible to purchase required books and supplies up to $650 at Sun Devil Campus Stores and have the book charges billed to your ASU student account. There are two ways to take advantage of this benefit; either by purchasing books at the Sun Devil Campus Store on your campus, or on the ASU Bookstore website. If you are eligible for this benefit, you will be sent an ASU email each semester with instructions and time frames. Time frames can also be found on the Financial Aid Calendar
To purchase your books in person:
- Take your schedule of classes with you to a Sun Devil Campus Store.
- Find the books for your classes.
- Take your books to the cashier.
- Present your ASU ID and indicate you have a Pell Grant.
- Ask them to apply your book charges to your ASU account.
To purchase your books online:
- Go to your My ASU Finances tab.
- Your Pell Deferment code can be found in the Financial Aid and Scholarships box.
- Click on the link to the ASU Bookstore.
- Enter your Pell Deferment code at the online checkout, and your book charges will be applied to your ASU account.
If you were not awarded a Pell Grant, Sun Devil Campus Stores will accept the following payment methods both online or in the store:
- American Express
- Gift card
Should your financial aid not cover all of your charges or if your financial aid disburses before your bookstore charges are applied to your ASU student account, you are responsible for the remaining balance by the applicable due date