Search by Category

Campus Services
Can't find what you need?
Contact Us
Knowledge Base  

How Do I Request an In-School Deferment?

« Go Back


Functional GroupFinancial Aid
If you have previous student loans that you want to temporarily postpone repayment, you can qualify for an in school deferment when you enroll at ASU in at least a half-time status (6 credit hours for undergraduates, 5 credit hours for graduates). If you need to request an in-school deferment, follow the steps below:
  1. Contact your lender to obtain the in-school deferment request form. Your lender's contact information can be found by logging in to the National Student Loan Data System with your FSA ID.
  2. Print Proof of Enrollment from My ASU.
  3. Submit both documents to your lender using the contact information provided by the lender.
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact University Registrar Services, Records & Enrollment Services at 480-965-3124 or email


Was this article helpful?