There is no
separate financial aid application for summer. To initiate the summer aid packaging process, you must enroll in summer classes, have a current year's FAFSA on file with ASU and meet eligibility requirements
for financial aid. Summer Financial Aid
notifications will be sent through ASU email no earlier than mid-April
Some students will have limited summer eligibility, depending on amounts and types of financial aid received during the previous fall and spring semesters. If you were not offered enough financial aid to cover summer costs, there are several options available to you:ASU Payment Plan
- The ASU Payment Plan allows you to pay your remaining summer charges not covered by your summer financial aid over three payments (May, June and July).
Parent PLUS Loans
- You may need to work in order to meet education and living expenses. There are student employment opportunities right here on campus. You may search for all types of student job listings and follow the instructions to apply for jobs.
Private Education Student Loans
- Parents of dependent students may borrow Parent PLUS Loans. If your parents are credit denied for the Parent PLUS Loan, your parent can appeal the credit decision by documenting extenuating circumstances to the lender (federal government) or secure a credit worthy endorser (co-signer).
- Your parents can contact the U.S. Department of Education PLUS Credit Appeal line at 800-557-7394 for more information. If your parents are unable to find a credit worthy endorser or appeal the denial of their credit decision, you can submit a request for additional student Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans.
Need additional help?
- If you are in need of additional funding, you may apply for a private education loan. Private loans are subject to credit approval and may be denied. If you are unable to qualify on your own, you can secure a credit worthy co-signer. You apply directly with the lender of your choice; ASU does not recommend lenders.
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.