Your Gmail for ASU account can get into a locked state if you have failed to authenticate correctly via an application or device multiple times. In order to unlock your account and successfully setup your account on a device or application please follow the steps below:
NOTE: The following instructions apply if your ASU Gmail account is locked. If your ASU Gmail account is disabled please call the Help Desk at 1-855-ASU-5080 (1-855-278-5080) for further assistance.
- Open up a web browser and visit Google's Display Unlock Captcha website.
- The page that will be displayed will be a normal Gmail Account sign in page like below. For the email address field, enter your ASURITEID@asu.edu, then click Next.
- You maybe prompted to select what type of account you want to log into. Select Organizational G Suite Account.
- The ASU Web Authentication screen should now be displayed, where you will need to sign in using your ASURITE ID and password.
- After you have signed in, you will get a Google page indicating that your account needs to allow a new application to access your account. This is normal when you are attempting to unlock your account. Click the Continue button.
- Account access enabled Google page will display, which means that your account has been unlocked and you can now attempt to continue setting up your account on your device or application.
If you do not know what your correct password is for your Google IMAP, POP, and Chat account, see How to Set Your Google IMAP, POP, and Chat Account
Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from your My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.