Search by Category

Campus Services
Can't find what you need?
Contact Us
Knowledge Base  

How Will My Financial Aid Be Affected If I Am Registered With the DRC?

« Go Back


Functional GroupFinancial Aid
Each semester, you must request a Full Time Enrollment Equivalency Verification from the ASU Disability Resource Center. You can submit the completed form to Financial Aid and Scholarship Services or DRC can email the form to FASS. 

If you have full time equivalency and you were awarded institutional grants or institutional scholarships, you will be eligible to receive a full time disbursement. Institutional based funding includes:
  • FA Trust Grant
  • University Grant
  • FA Program Fee Grant
  • Obama Scholarship
  • College Attainment Grant 
Federal Direct Loans and Federal Work-Study awards require you to be enrolled at least half time (undergraduates 6 hours; graduates 5 hours) to be eligible to receive the awards, regardless of equivalency hours. Federal Direct Loans include:
  • Subsidized Loan
  • Unsubsidized Loan
  • Parent PLUS Loan
  • Graduate PLUS Loan
For ASU departmental and college scholarships, please see your ASU academic department to determine your eligibility to receive the full amount of the award.

For private donor scholarships, your donor will need to contact the ASU Scholarship Office to approve the disbursement of your private donor scholarship.

Federal aid that cannot be disbursed based on equivalency hours include:
  • Federal Pell Grant
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
  • Federal TEACH Grant
Need additional help?  Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center or call 855-278-5080.


Was this article helpful?