There are certain situations where the IRS DRT will not work on the FAFSA on the web.
- You or your parent(s) marital status changed since filing the tax return.
- You or your parent(s) are married and used a “married filing separately” tax return filing status.
- You or your parent(s) filed a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return.
- You or your parent(s) do not have a Social Security number.
- Your parents' marital status is "unmarried and both parents living together" and they did not file a joint tax return.
More detailed information can be found on the Federal Student Aid website
. If the IRS DRT will not work, you and/or your parent(s) can print and complete the IRS Form 4506T-EZ Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript form the IRS website. You can then sign and submit to the IRS.Related Article: How Do I Request a Tax Return Transcript From the IRS?
Need additional help?
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.