To enable IMAP in your Gmail for ASU account, please follow these steps:
- Set your Gmail for ASU POP/Chat password if you haven't already done so.
- Sign in to your Gmail for ASU account.
- Click on the (gear icon) in the upper-right and select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP from the top menu.
- In the IMAP Access section select the Enable IMAP.
- Leave all other settings as default.
- Click the Save Changes button.
- You should now be able to access your Gmail for ASU account using the IMAP protocol. To configure your email client, please see Acces your Gmail for ASU Using Your Favorite Email Program.
If after following the steps above you are unable to connect your Gmail for ASU account with your email client:
Below are the generic server settings for IMAP.Incoming (IMAP) Server: imap.gmail.com
Incoming Port Numbers:
Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.gmail.com
Outgoing Port Numbers:
- Standard IMAP Port: 143
- Secure IMAP Port: 993
Need additional help?
- Authenticated (Secure) SMTP Port: 587
Access 24/7 live chat, create a case from your My ASU Service Center
or call 855-278-5080.